A Smart Route is designed to reduce delays and congestion through improved junctions, traffic signal timings and bus priority measures. In particular, a Smart Route on the A630 would:
- Improve the traffic flow along the corridor and reduce journey times for all road users.
- Improve the reliability, punctuality and overall journey times of public transport.
- Continue to improve passenger facilities and information, including RealTime information.
- Help the local environment and improve air quality.
- Provide better facilities for pedestrians.
- Improve road safety.